- The owners of the nursery also own an additional successful nursery within another Local Authority.
- There are two managers, both of whom have successfully completed their BA in Childhood Practice.
- All rooms are overseen by experienced supervisors and each room has a senior staff member who oversees the room in their absence.
- Early Years Practitioners and Modern Apprentices provide a rich, creative and challenging environment.
- There is an Additional Support Needs Co-ordinator to ensure that all children achieve their full potential.
- The cook produces nutritious, well balanced meals following national guidance.
- All employees are carefully selected and PVG checked prior to appointment and are registered with the Scottish Social Services Council.
Riverside Childcare is committed to investing in the continuous training and development of staff to ensure that our exceptionally high standards are maintained.
Our children have drawn our staff, please see below for our wonderful drawings and to find out more information about each staff member
Hi, my name is Ashleigh and I have worked at Riverside since 2002 (I know I don’t look that old☺) I have been Preschool Supervisor for the past 19 years. I am out going, fun, and very passionate about my work. I love my job, and in particular, supporting our children to have the skills needed to be successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens. I liaise closely with the local schools to ensure our children have happy and positive transitions. Watching the Poppies grow, flourish and achieve is the best part of my job. Children are the future….believe in the beauty of their dreams..
I know a girl called Jolly who could not find her dolly she put it with her brolly and the Bluebell trolley….. her name is ‘Gillian Jolly’
“Great rhymers make great readers ”
In 2021 I began working in the Poppy Room and have relished in having the opportunity to challenge myself, working with the 3-5 years children for the first time. I love that every day is different and that we provide adventure and laughter while supporting the learning and development of the children. Focusing on building strong relationships with children and their families ensure we get it right for their wellbeing.